State Ambassador Internship
The Illinois Pork Producers Association State Ambassador/Intern serves as a representative of the association and the pork industry. The chosen individual will hold the title of State Ambassador for a full year and will work from the Springfield office during the summer of his/her term.
Main duties of the intern include managing the birthing center during the Illinois State Fair, attending Summer Ag Institutes, a project of his/her choosing (to be discussed with staff), and various other tasks. The internship is education and communication focused.
A $4,500 scholarship will be provided to the intern upon successful completion of the internship. Start date will depend on the student's school schedule, and end date will be the last day of the IL State Fair.
- Must be an Illinois resident between the ages of 18 and 23 (Must be age 18 by Jan 1, 2020)
- Must exhibit strong communication, organization and leadership skills
- Must exhibit a genuine interest in the Illinois pork industry and be able to speak on behalf of it
- Recommended that he/she has attended Illinois Pork Leadership Institute
- Must be a member (or become a member) of the Illinois Pork Producers Association
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel to out-of-state training and functions
- May only serve one year
Any questions may be directed to Jenny Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-529-3100.
Applications for the 2019 internship have closed. Check in this fall for the next application.