COVID-19: What You Need To Know
(CFAP) Coronavirus Food Assistance Program:
This provides vital financial assistance to producers of agricultural commodities who have suffered a five-percent-or-greater price decline or who had losses due to market supply chain disruptions due to COVID-19 and face additional significant market costs.
- Website here.
- Fact sheet for livestock here.
- Applications opened May 26th through FSA and close Aug 28th.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued the following statement: "Currently, there is no evidence to support transmission of COVID-19 associated with food. Before preparing or eating food it is important to always wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds for general food safety."
- Read this letter from Heather Fowler, VMD, of National Pork Board, confirming it here.
- Novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2: Fruit bats and ferrets are susceptible, pigs and chickens are not. Read the press release here.
- Interim Guidance for Implementing Safety Practices for Critical Infrastructure Workers Who May Have Had Exposure to a Person with Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19
- New CDC Guidance for Essential Workers Who May Have Been Exposed: Read more here.
- 6.1.20 - IDOT extends movement of loads waiver through June 28th, read here.
- 5.28.20 - Temporary Barn Overstock Waiver extended through July 1. Reach out to Mike@ilpork.com to obtain.
SPECIFICALLY FOR PORK PRODUCERS:
***NEW: Disposal Grant from IPPA. Application here.
As of 5.7.2020: The IDOA published emergency COVID-19 amendments to the state regulations under the Dead Animal Disposal Act, that are valid for 150 days. Watch here for more info.
In the case of depopulation, please keep this form filled out in case of potential compensation at a future date.
IMPORTANT: Before you consider depopulation, please make sure you have registered a SAM & DUNS number.
STRESS & CRISIS
If you are feeling overwhelmed, know that there are resources for you! Visit this IDOA webpage to find help.
COVID-19 Federal Rural Resource Guide your one-stop-shop
APHIS Establishing Coordination Center to Assist Producers Affected by Meat Processing Plant Closures, read here.
IL Deptartment of Agriculture Resource Page: Includes packing plants status map, depopulation and disposal guidance and more.
EQIP: Link to EQIP information page.
Resources for Employers:
Credible resources regarding the COVID-19 pandemic:
Illinois Veterinarians and Animal Control:
Agriculture COVID-19 Resources: