Food Pantry Funding Program
At this time, IPPA has reached its alloted budget for the Food Pantry Funding Program. We are no longer accepting applications for this funding opportunity. However, with the large response rate to this program, IPPA sees a need for the program and our team will be working towards opening up additional funding very soon.
Please check back frequently for when we launch a second round of the application process which will again be based on a first-come, first-seve basis. For more information or additional updates, head over to our Facebook page.
The Food Pantry Co-op was created by the Illinois Pork Producers Association (IPPA) to provide pork to food pantries, shelters, churches or groups in Illinois who strive to fight food insecurity in their local communities. The goal for this funding is to get quality protein further into small communities in our state, through existing organizations.
• The Illinois Pork Power Food Pantry Co-op Funding program will match up to $250 for the purchase of pork products.
Entities eligible for matching dollars include:
• Non-Profit organizations
• For-Profit Organizations
• Soup Kitchens
• Food Pantry
• Pork purchases can be made from local grocery stores, butchers, or reimbursement for purchasing pork from a regional food bank.
• If cold storage is not available at your facility shelf stable pork products are still covered under this funding. Shelf stable products can include but are not limited to bacon, pork snack sticks, pork jerky, etc.
• Applications will only be accepted for pork purchases.
• Applications should come from the organization directly.
• IPPA has final decision in approving funds. Funding is available on a first come, first served basis, while funds are available.
• Projects must be pre-approved.
• Applicants will be limited to one approved purchase per year.
• Organizations must be located in Illinois.
1. Download the application form below
2. Fill out the form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE purchasing pork, to earmark your funds
3. Once the purchase has been made, send a copy of your receipt for pork products to Casey for payment