Emergency Response Trailer Grant
IPAP Emergency Response Trailer Grant Program
Being prepared is the motto of the boy scouts, but it is also very important to the pork industry. To be prepared for emergency situations, the Illinois Pork Producers Association (IPPA) is offering grants to anyone who wants to either resupply or purchase a new emergency response trailer for use in case of fire, truck rollover or disease outbreak.
IPPA will be offering two cost share grants, one for up to $2,500 for supplies for trailers already in service. The second will be up to $5,000 for new trailer development.
Applications for the grants are due by November 20, 2020. IPPA will approve grants based on geographical location of the proposed trailer and on a first come, first serve basis while funds last.
After applications are approved, the items for the grant must be purchased and receipts submitted by December 18, 2020. IPPA will then send reimbursement checks.
- Emergency Response Trailers must be available to any producer in need in the area
- Applicants must give a general service area for the trailer’s use and where it will be stationed
- A contact for the trailer’s use should be given to IPPA in case use is needed
- Submit a list of supplies and materials that will be in the trailer
- Response trailer owner(s) assumes all liability
- Preapproval from IPPA before purchases will be approved for reimbursement
- Any person or group wishing to resupply or develop a new emergency response trailer
- Trailer must be located in Illinois to service Illinois response efforts
- Complete a cost share request form and submit it to IPPA
Applications for grants – November 20, 2020
Receipts submitted to IPPA – December 18, 2020
Please return to email@example.com by November 20th.