Pork Power Donation Program
Partnering to Fight Hunger in Illinois
Thanks to the donation from many pig farmers and support of various partners, Pork Power has provided more than
625,000 pounds of pork, amounting to more than 2.4 MILLION servings, donated to hungry Illinois residents since the program began in 2008. Food banks across Illinois work with our association to accept donations and distribute to families throughout the state.
The annual Pork Power campaign will run January through October or until funds are exhausted. There are two ways that producers can participate:
1. Donate pigs/sows directly to a participating processor
2. Donate the cash value of any pigs/sows sold at market locations
• Eligible hogs are healthy lightweight (160 lbs. minimum) market weight hogs and sows. No boars will be accepted.
• Do you already donate hogs to a local food pantry in your community? IPPA has funds to help offset the cost of processing!
All you need to do is complete the 2018 Pork Power Donation Form.
- 2017 Pork Power Recap
- 2018 Donation Guidelines
- 2018 Donation Form
- List of Pork Power Meat Processors in I L
Looking for another way to support? Purcahse our Pork Power shirt of the year. All proceeds go to purchase pork for hungry families.
A special thank you to our Pork Power Partners: